Ad Buying Process and Terms
Ad Buying Process
- Click here and you will be taken to a new window where you can select the kind of ad you want to buy.
- Then you’ll enter your info—name, email address, and upload your ad.
- Your ad will be submitted for approval. We will approve it promptly.
- Once we approve your ad, you’ll enter your payment—currently we only accept Paypal—and the ad will be live on the site
By submitting an ad, you signify that you agree to our Terms and Conditions, listed below in plain English.
After you submit the ad, you’ll receive an email with a link to manage your account. There, you can monitor stats on performance and upload new files as needed. Please note that all ad designs must meet the criteria listed in the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for placing an advertisement with Real Pants. By purchasing an ad, the Advertiser (you) agrees to abide by the following guidelines, descriptions, and caveats. You signify that you have the legal authority to create a binding agreement with Real Pants. We reserve the right to review and reject any advertisement submitted for publication to our website.
Banner ads should be in jpg or gif format at the size and resolution noted below. Multi-image gifs are acceptable.
- Leaderboard ads: 728 x 90 pixels at 80 dpi.
- Rectangle ads: 300 x 250 pixels at 80 dpi.
- Skyscraper ads: 160 x 600 pixels at 80 dpi.
Text ads may include up to 140 characters of description and a heading of up to 25 characters of linked text.
Sponsored Posts can be of any length, but should be between 100 and 1,000 words. They can include images. We can write Sponsored Posts (for an additional fee), and submit them to you for approval before publishing them. See note #10, below.
Terms and Conditions
- The advertiser warrants that the person placing the ad has the legal authority to create a binding agreement with Real Pants.
- Ads must look good and must not be objectionable, based on Real Pants’ reasonable criteria.
- Real Pants reserves the right to review and reject any advertisement submitted for publication to its website.
- Real Pants does not guarantee any given level of circulation for an advertisement.
- Advertisers assume full liability for all content of your ads published at Real Pants. You assume all responsibility for any claims made against Real Pants. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Real Pants harmless from any and all liability of such advertisements.
- Changes and corrections can be posted at the Advertiser’s discretion, but must conform to Real Pants’ reasonable criteria. We will notify you if a new ad does not, and we will remove the ad. We will work with you to replace it, and in the interim Real Pants will, at its discretion, repeat a previous ad. We will not refund any money for the removal of unapproved ads.
- Cancellations by the Advertiser may be made at any time. If you cancel during the first quarter of an ad’s term (e.g. if you purchase an ad for 30 days, and cancel within the first week), we will refund 50% of the fee. If you cancel within the first half of the term, we’ll refund 25% of the fee. After that, no refunds shall be made.
- Real Pants has the ability to rotate banner ads in each ad zone.
- Advertising with Real Pants does not guarantee editorial content about the advertiser. Real Pants’ editorial content is strictly separate from any advertisements on the website, including Sponsored Posts.
- Very important note: Sponsored Posts that are written by us, like all ads, must be completely paid for in advance. We will endeavor to write an objective article and our skilled writers will work with you to express your intentions, but Sponsored Posts are not reviews and may not be characterized that way. Additionally, Sponsored Posts may not be attributed to Real Pants in any form. While they may be excerpted and republished, they may not be attributed to Real Pants, and Advertisers may not deliberately attempt to suggest that they represent editorial content from Real Pants.
- Real Pants reserves the right to change the policies, terms, and rates set forth herein, but will honor the rate at which the ad was purchased for the full period of time for which it was purchased.