The John Dermot Woods Festschrift
For our first Festschrift, we’re pleased to take some time digging into John Dermot Woods’ new book from Coffee House Press, The Baltimore Atrocities. The publisher describes the book thusly:
The Baltimore Atrocities is a mordant, deadpan collection of more than one hundred murders, betrayals, heartbreaks, suicides, and bureaucratic snafus—each with a half-page illustration by the author—that tells the story of a couple who spends a year in Baltimore in search of their respective siblings, who were abducted decades earlier as young children.
This week, we’ll be featuring the book in numerous ways:
- Shanna Compton’s design review
- Sarah Jean Alexander’s Weather Report
- A note from the Anitra Budd, the book’s editor at Coffee House, on its production
- Read Along with Richard Chiem from a section of the book
- A scandalous Eat | Read story about Waffle House
- A “Table of Contents” and a prompt from Woods
And all of this will culminate in a release party on January 24, in Brooklyn, NY, which will also be the launch party for Real Pants! All are welcome.
This will be a Real Pants Signature “Popeye’s & Caviar” event
Featuring a short reading by John Dermot Woods, and a toast
- Sarah Jean Alexander, Elisa Gabbert, Dylan Kinnett, Amy McDaniel, RM O’Brien, Justin Taylor,
- a cake from Momofuku, and also gift bags
If you go
When: January 24, starting at 8pm
Where: 47 Hall St, #109 Brooklyn, NY
How Much: Free!