The John Dermot Woods Festschrift
The Baltimore Atrocities is a mordant, deadpan collection of more than one hundred murders, betrayals, heartbreaks, suicides, and bureaucratic snafus—each with a half-page illustration by the author—that tells the story of a couple who spends a year in Baltimore in search of their respective siblings, who were abducted decades earlier as young children.
This week, we’ll be featuring the book in numerous ways:
- Shanna Compton’s design review
- Sarah Jean Alexander’s Weather Report
- A note from the Anitra Budd, the book’s editor at Coffee House, on its production
- Read Along with Richard Chiem from a section of the book
- A scandalous Eat | Read story about Waffle House
- A “Table of Contents” and a prompt from Woods
And all of this will culminate in a release party on January 24, in Brooklyn, NY, which will also be the launch party for Real Pants! All are welcome.
This will be a Real Pants Signature “Popeye’s & Caviar” event
Featuring a short reading by John Dermot Woods, and a toast
- Sarah Jean Alexander, Elisa Gabbert, Dylan Kinnett, Amy McDaniel, RM O’Brien, Justin Taylor,
- a cake from Momofuku, and also gift bags
If you go
When: January 24, starting at 8pm
Where: 47 Hall St, #109 Brooklyn, NY
How Much: Free!