A Prophetic Writing Prompt from Caroline Cabrera
A Bicycle Year Writing Prompt in Two Parts
- You may not have a year, so pick a time in the near future (the end of the day, the end of the week) and imagine there is a prophecy that says the world will end at that moment.
- Imagine that you don’t exactly believe this prophecy but you aren’t willing to rule it out.
- Meditate on this as often as you can.
- Choose several points at which to sit down and write all that has happened to you; every event, thought, and feeling.
- Trim or expand those notes into something that feels essential.
- Seek out the part of yourself that you hold most dearly and hide most fiercely from the world.
- Name her.
- Maybe draw her or build a model of her. Consider eating the model.
- Write to her, obsessively. Be as nice and as mean to her as you can.
Set these two pieces side by side and marry them.
- Half Revealing, and Half Concealing the Soul: Barrett Warner Interviews Cassie Pruyn - October 25, 2017
- This Thing Called Thunderclap Helped Me Reach 1 Million People About My Book (Not Really, But Kind Of) - April 25, 2017
- 5 Poems by Michael Glaviano - February 6, 2017